Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why I Should Not Dye My Own Hair




     I know; it doesn't look extreme.  My hair is usually a light brown color (dirty dishwater, is what my Daddy use to call it).  Last spring, I dyed it Medium Blond.  It turned out a little lighter than I wanted but it was fine.  Then the roots start growing and those pesky gray hairs start popping out everywhere.  This week, I've had hardly any energy so I thought I'll go ahead and color it - Medium Brown.  Medium Brown is not the color it turned out to be.  It's almost black with magenta highlights!  I'm a chick who likes to blend in so this is a huge shock.
     I started washing it with everything I had - Zest soap, dishwashing liquid, Pantene, etc.  The color has lightened up a bit but I was not happy.  So this morning  I went to the local salon without an appointment and was told there was nothing I could do :(  I ended up with a cut so I guess I'll keep on washing twice a day till it fades to something less drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment