Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 19, 2011

Guilt

I seem to be dealing with a lot of guilt lately and the majority of it has to do with how I feel physically.  What do I have to feel guilty about?  The following:

     *I no longer have the energy to clean my childrens room, put away their laundry, make their breakfast or lunches.  Playing games with them or even filling out parent's paperwork is a daunting task.  I feel like the worst mom in the world.  I do not want them to look back at me and think I was always tired and/or selfish.

     *I cannot even make myself stay in touch with my friends.  This makes me incredibly sad because they need me sometimes and I'm just too fatigued to stay in touch.

     *I arranged a date night for me and DH.  I told him I wanted to get out of the house.  It was my choice what to do.  Ate out, made myself walk a lap around Railroad Park, grabbed a Frosty, and came home and watched a movie.  Doesn't sound like much, does it?

     *Most importantly, I don't have the ability to focus on Christ.  I space out during sermons, tell myself I'm too tired to read the Bible but pick up and read The Six Wives of Henry the 8th for 30 minutes.  I also fall asleep during prayer time.

A wise woman told me last night that Moms have to take care of themselves so they can take care of others.  However, why do I feel like I'm being so selfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment