Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 23, 2011

ADD, Me?

I had my well awaited doctor's appointment yesterday.  It took almost three hours!  Her diagnosis: ADD.  If you know me, I am very laid back unless I'm stressed out.  It didn't make sense.  Till I read this:

Adults with ADD/ADHD often have difficulty staying focused and attending to daily, mundane tasks. For example, you may be easily distracted by irrelevant sights and sounds, quickly bounce from one activity to another, or become bored quickly. Symptoms in this category are sometimes overlooked because they are less outwardly disruptive than the ADD/ADHD symptoms of hyperactivity and impulsivity—but they can be every bit as troublesome. The symptoms of inattention and concentration difficulties include:
  • “zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation.
  • extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track.
  • difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others.
  • struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple.
  • tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work.
  • poor listening skills; hard time remembering conversations and following directions.
Source:  http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_adult_symptoms.htm#signs

Then it really made sense.  Notice how one day I'll post 5 entries and then two or three days will go by before I post a snapshot.

Was prescribed Vyvnase. As of right now, my insurance won't cover it because I'm too old (Ha, Ha!).  After a manufacturer's discount, it will still be $80.  80 dollars.  $5 a pill.  Will have to do without for a few days.  I'm just ready for all this to end.  Keep praying, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment