Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Best Friend Procrastination

Uh oh! T minus 6 days till school starts. Still need shoes and assorted supplies. I realized this morning today is the last day to relax and enjoy our afternoon ritual of silent reading. There is something so calming about us all reading and the house being deathly quiet. Tomorrow is swimming and church; Thursday I have to pick up DS from sleepover with friend; Friday is errand day; Saturday taking DH to airport for business trip; and Sunday is church. Friday is our last morning to sleep late. Boo!


Yesterday I got a $10 off $10 or more purchase at http://www.jcpenney.com   Woo hoo!






DD still needs school shoes and DS needs shorts. Both have told me they don't need shoes, there's are still good...lol. God love them! Growing up, DH and I had frugal childhoods so we usually make sacrifices to make sure our children have nice items. Granted, these items are always on clearance at a really great price. But I amazed at their selflessness (is that a word?) Every year when their birthdays and Christmas comes around, they both astonish me by telling me there is nothing they need and it takes them WEEKS to even come up with something they want. Following are some Bible verses my family try to live:





*Matthew 6:19-20*

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."


*Luke 12:15*

Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."


*Philippians 4:11-13*

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."


*1 Timothy 6:6-10*

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."


*1 Timothy 6:17*

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."


*Hebrews 13:5"

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."


This is a hard lesson for me and DH but I'm pleased my children are learning it well.

See you later, alligator





FYI - I prefer alligators to crocodiles because I like their rounded snouts and non reptilian eyes...hee, hee







No comments:

Post a Comment