Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let's Rock and Roll!

Ok, here we go.....  This is a new venture for me so please excuse my amatuerishness.  I decided to start a blog to chronicle the crazy happenings in my mind and life.  From the outside, my family looks perfect - husband, stay at home mom, twelve year old son, and eight year old daughter who excel in school and are quiet, well mannered, and intelligent.  We are far from perfect, as I will tell, but we have a love for each other and our Saviour.

Today started out as most days this summer.  Coffee, newspaper, check emails.  My children got dressed and cleaned their room without complaint while I started my domestic duties.  I use to constantly stress myself out with housework until I found flylady.net.  Truly, this website is a God send. Finished that and made way to seventh grade registration. No big deal, just time consuming.  Darling son (I will use DS to abbreviate) has math first period again and Teen Discoveries aka Home Ec second period, first semester only.  He groaned and was glad to leave.  He takes all Honors classes and is an A student but he's socially awkward.  He's a loner just like his mama.  Came home, ate, washed some clothes, and rested. (I have to take frequent rests because of overwhelming fatigue I've had every since I had mono two summers ago).  Packaged up some things I sold on Ebay and we left for the post office and library.  The darlings and I are avid readers so we left the library with a gazillion books to read before school starts in thirteen days :( 

So we return home with our literary treasures and collapse in the living room with noses in our books.  This has been the most relaxing ways we have been spending our brutally hot, humid summer days.  I don't know how I'll survive the return of school without these"breaks". 

Now it's time for dinner and I wish I could order pizza.  Alas, there is no money to waste after paying school fees.  Guess we'll have BLT's and call it a night.  DD (Darling Daughter) wants a friend to come over but I'm achy after my assault yesterday on four of our front bushes.  I've been getting stressed really easy lately and get these awful dizzy spells so I don't know about company tonight and hubby won't be home till late.

Sorry it's so boring; just trying to chronicle the everyday life of an Alabama Housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment