Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Can't Think of a Catchy Title

Here it is Saturday and I'm on the laptop and writing.  Strange!  Last year at this time, I would be at youth football games, cheering, screaming, and sweating.  I miss seeing everyone and cheering but it has been so nice not having so much going on.  Especially with my crazy health.  Got my test results back Thursday and everything was normal.  So off to another doctor I go next week.  If I still don't have any answers, I give up.  I'm tired.


With this lack of energy, let me tell you what grocery store has been heaven sent.  ALDI.  I suggest seeing if there is one in your neck of the woods  aldi.com.  No coupons to deal with and really great prices on milk, produce, and other basic items.  Here's what I always buy when I'm there:

1.  Baked chips - sometimes I can get them for $1.49 a bag but mostly the price is $1.99.  Baked chips at other stores are usually on sale for $3.00 so you'll save $1.00 or more.

2.  Saltine crackers - $0.69 a box.  Can't beat that!

3.  Milk - the price goes up and down but it's holding steady at $3.49.  I try to look for better deals but if I'm already there, I'll pick some up.

4.  Canned goods - Around $0.49 a can.

5.  Produce - most of the time, they have really good sales.  Look carefully before you buy for any sign of mold.  I stock up and freeze berries whenever they are on sale.

6.  Lean Ground Beef - Around $3.49 a lb.  Great deal but I do not recommend it for grilled hamburgers.  They just taste funny to us.

7.  Buns and Bread - For $0.79 you can get hamburger buns, hot dog buns, or a loaf of white bread.  I was in there yesterday and all three were marked down to 25 cents.  Unfortunatly my freezer is full.


These are just a couple of the great items a

No comments:

Post a Comment