Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Groceries, Cooking, and Cleaning - Oh my!

I'm behind in my household duties again.  Have lost my drive and hope the doctor can find it next week.  The kids and I did some maintenance work and we cleaned up the floor of their closets (they were bad!).  I've took a nap everyday this week, so far.  I'm kinda glad about the low energy this week since my babies go back to school Monday.  We can hang out and just relax.



Yesterday, we went swimming with my sister, her 7 year old son, and my precious 2 month old niece at her mother in law's home.  I honestly didn't want to go.  It's a 45 minute drive from here and we had no snacks or drinks to carry.  I knew how much my nephew and my kiddies were counting on this last hurrah before the end of summer.  So we loaded up a cooler of ice and ended up buying $11 worth of junky, fatty snack food (I paid for it later).  We all had a blast and me and my sister ended up sun burnt. Poo!



My DS spent the night with a friend last night (and will tonight I just found out).  So it's just me and the little missus today.  Cooked brunch and watched "I Love Lucy" episodes is all we've done so far today.  It's rainy and dreary outside and that matches my mood.  I told her we've gotta accomplish something today out of our one hundred things to do before Monday.  Maybe a little grocery shopping.  Today's a perfect day since yesterday's binge has left me nauseous and planning to start http://weightwatchers.com Monday. 



I know I've mentioned being burnt out couponing and running to all the different stores and drugstores.  Now I'm even sick of making menus.  We're cutting budgets in the Housewife household so I can continue being a housewife.  Cable and land line are gone as of this past Tuesday.  I know, I know - couponing is a way to save money but the deal aren't there like they were pre "Extreme Couponing".  So, I'm trying to buy just the basics and make things from scratch which is hard to do when I'm running on fumes.  Woe is me...ha, ha!




P.S. Shameless plug:  I am an AVON sales representative who is more than ready to meet all your current beauty, skin care, fashion, and other needs.  Look for a future giveaway and please feel free to contact me with any questions or orders.  Thanks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment